Bosch WFF 2001 washing machine won't start a cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It completed a cycle except that it didn't spin. The pump was running.

If I try and start a new cycle, the pump/spin light comes on and the pump runs continuously.

The belt is fine and the pump is clear.

It's as if it thinks there's still water in there and it wants to pump it out before doing anything else.

Presumably there's a sensor somewhere. Is it something I can test/replace?

Or does someone have better ideas as to the likely problem?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Zipper. I searched here very carefully before posting but nothing quite fitted.

Would the pump keep running when the drum was empty, just because the motor brushes need replacing? I'd have thought the pump would stop but then the motor wouldn't start.

I'm happy to try replacing the brushes but wonder if that's just clutching at straws and delaying the real fix?

Why don't you take a peek, then you'll know. Another thing you can check:
Take off the lid & remove the 1/4" rubber tube from the pressure switch & blow down it to make sure it isn't blocked.

Sponsored Links
Thanks zipper. Not that 'taking a peek' was easy, with one of the motor bolt heads facing into the machine and very hard to reach. But you were right - the brushes are worn down to nothing, so I'm about to order replacements.

With any luck, that will do the job, although I'm still mystified as to why the pump ran continuously when dry. Was it really just because the motor wasn't running or is there another fault? (I checked the pressure switch as you suggested but it seemed fine).

No need to reply. I'll try the brushes first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back