Bosch WFL2462GB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I recently fitted new brushes but still the motor was not working. So I took the motor apart to see if it was the thermal cut-out at fault. At that point I could see that one of the brushes was stuck in its housing and wasn't making contact. I reseated it and was about to reassemble the motor when I noticed two washers which had fallen out. One is white plastic and the other is sprung metal (ie. 'crinkly'). I suspect they sit next to each other but which way round? I have tried the Bosch website for an exploded diagram of the motor but without success. Does anyone know where I could get to look at one? Or, alternatively, can anyone explain in idiot-proof language (I'm the idiot) where the washers should go? Running out of clean clothes!

Sponsored Links
the washers you are refering to go on each end of the armature
Hello
I recently fitted new brushes but still the motor was not working. So I took the motor apart to see if it was the thermal cut-out at fault. At that point I could see that one of the brushes was stuck in its housing and wasn't making contact. I reseated it and was about to reassemble the motor when I noticed two washers which had fallen out. One is white plastic and the other is sprung metal (ie. 'crinkly'). I suspect they sit next to each other but which way round? I have tried the Bosch website for an exploded diagram of the motor but without success. Does anyone know where I could get to look at one? Or, alternatively, can anyone explain in idiot-proof language (I'm the idiot) where the washers should go? Running out of clean clothes!

Sponsored Links
Those belong in one of the bearing housing's. If there are two different bearings on the armature you'll see by the housing diameter which one they live in. If the bearings are the same size put them in the drive-end housing. First the plastic one, then the pre-load washer (the "crinkly" one).

Those belong in one of the bearing housing's. If there are two different bearings on the armature you'll see by the housing diameter which one they live in. If the bearings are the same size put them in the drive-end housing. First the plastic one, then the pre-load washer (the "crinkly" one).

Many thanks to Mald and Zippy for their swift replies. However there's no consensus: One of you says put them together at one end and the other says each goes against the bearings at either end of the armature. But as the washers are plastic and metal, which one goes at which end? Sorry, but I did say I was an idiot (with one clean pair of pants to go).

I'm not sure either way, but did you have the armature out completely or just pull it away from the body along with the end case. If that is how you did it then they can only have come from one end.

just to confirm wich way they go, i have a bosch motor in my workshop which i will strip down today and let you know later :D

Morning Zipper

Thank you so much for the link - unfortunately the pics don.t show any washers. Looks like my hopes for clean pants are down to Mald's kind efforts. Thanks again.

The pre-load washer in on the drive-end shaft & the white plastic washer is in the brush side endshield. That looks like the setup here....steel pre-load washer in the DE housing & plastic washer in the NDE housing. If you look carefully at the photos you'll see them.

zipper is correct as in the photo, make sure you tighten bolts up evenly, let us know how you get on. good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back