Bosch WFR2866 Water Tap Closed Message

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Continually getting " Water Tap Closed " message posted throughout wash cycle. Machine does not stop and appears to be OK - just keep getting the error message. Water input pressure is good and filter clean. No leaks under machine.

Sponsored Links
No input hoe is fine and no kinks as the water does flow inot the machine as expected . I think the issue is with a flow through sensor that sits between the water input valves and the detergent dispenser tray. I got this info from another forum, so am going to take a look at this today

I have metered out the flow switch and get some funny readings. It appears to have 3 contacts on the connection plug, so I assume its some sort of micro-switch with a NO/NC/COM contact arrangement. I get continuity through two of the terminals and not the other, which I assume would be correct. The switch appears to allow air ( me blowing through it ) and the impeller inside moves around and is not jammed. When I meter this switch in normal operation with power on, I measure 240V AC on all three pins of the plug, so am a little confused as to what a real reading should be if the switch was working normally. I want to be sure that its defective before fitting a new one, as they cost over £20. Has anyone got a circuit diagram of the flow through sensor area of the machine or know how its is supposed to work please ?

Sponsored Links
Not sure about this flow sensor but normally impeller versions (only seen these in Bosch and Whirlpool Dishwashers) have a reed switch in them and a magnet on the impeller

As the impeller rotates the reed switch opens and closes and the PCB simply counts the impulses. The reed switches fail and the PCB does not get the expected number of pulses back in a set time so either stops or sends error messages.

(Alot of machines just get stuck in a fill drain cycle as they can not tell how much water is in them)

OK thanks for the update - I will take a closer look at this using a meter whilst blowing into the flow sensor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back