Bosch Worcester oil-fired boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler installed in 2008. Cannot claim that servicing has been clincally appropriate but had it serviced last year...when strip-down of burner and associated bits was carried out. System failed again earlier this week and local plumber/heating technician called out. He tried to dismantle burner to attempt cleaning but couldn't even get the baffles out! Siezed up 'solid', apparently. Recommended (largely on safety grounds) that whole boiler is replaced. Should I go ahead - or not? Should I expect longer than a 5-year life-span for the beast?

Sponsored Links
Give em some welly.
Common on Greenstars.
No need to change on grounds of safety.

If they look clean no need to touch them.

Haven't seen one where the baffle were stuck. Unless something wrong
with the condensate and it's running back into the boiler and rusting it out.
Blocked condensate perhaps.

Thanks for reply. Condensate 'bottle' looks pretty full, but cannot say for sure. How can I sensibly empty it?

Sponsored Links
baffles can warp and get stuck if shes been burning too hot. Don't see it regular though

You don't need a new boiler. Contact Worcester service if the baffles are stuck and your heating engineer can't be bothered to get them out then Worcester service will sort it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back