bottom of radiator cool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have just had a new boiler fitted and am disappointed with the room temperatures. I have noticed that the bottom of most radiators is cool, whereas top is hot. Could this indicate that the boiler isn;t man enough for the job? It's a Worcester 24i condenser, connected to a megaflow for hot water.

Sponsored Links
It's obviously not right. What does the installer have to say about it? The installer is responsible for commissioning the boiler to work properly, including heating the rads to proper temps.

How is the flow to rads and/or hot water store controlled (e.g. 2 motorised valves?)? I thought the Worcester 24i was a combi boiler - is this a system boiler version?

Was the installer Corgi reg. and was the Megaflo installer in possession of the appropriate qualification (unvented ticket)? Was the boiler installation notified to Corgi and did you get a Benchmark record?

I think that the problem was due to the very low ambient temps & with no heating for a week, the house took a while to recover. seems a lot better now.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back