Boulter Buderus 500 -28/C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've got a Boulter Buderus 500 -28/C boiler, installed in March 2006, that has developed a strange problem, 2/3 times recently, only when the heating is off, we can't get any hot water, have to turn the tap off 2/3 times, then it seems to correct itself, and we get hot water.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
I understand. Worth a try. I need an obsolete part off it.

Sadly you and a lot of my customers have been shafted by Worcester who have done their best to assasinate the breed. I would no longer fit them.

I have tried obtaining the part from europe but no reply.

Anyone here Dutch?

Sponsored Links
There is a turbine flowmeter just out of reach and almost out of sight behind the plate heat exchanger. The 3 leed (if memory serves right) molded plug connector off the wiring harness onto it. I have had one where the molded plug contacts with it's pins were corroded. There is no solution but a full new harness which is roughly speaking £30 give or take. But that may not be your fault. The flow meter itself may be at fault.

To do either job you have to drain down and remove the plate heat exchanger for access.

It is probably the worst job on that boiler.

Tough luck.

Any advise I give is purely anecdotal and conversational not a correct diagnosis I can only do that stood in front of the actual boiler. But what I know may assist you in arriving at a correct decision.

I understand. Worth a try. I need an obsolete part off it.

Sadly you and a lot of my customers have been shafted by Worcester who have done their best to assasinate the breed. I would no longer fit them.

I have tried obtaining the part from europe but no reply.

Anyone here Dutch?

As I will be on serious bender xmas eve, I should be able to provide some dutch courage if that is of any use. expect some typos though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back