Boulter Buderus Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a boulter buderus combi boiler which I have had for about 10 years now, the boilers been fine and is annually serviced by British Gas.

The problem I have is the room thermostat which came with the boiler, its a ONE channel 24 hour wireless Thermostat, the receiver is wired to the boiler via 2 wires which after looking at the installaltion manual seems to be a 24volt unit The Thermostat unit is battery powered.

I would like to changed the whole lot to a 7 day wireless thermostat where I could use the existing 2 wire configuration for the receiver and have a new 7 day thermostat.

Although there are several wireless stats available none seem to be compatable with my boiler.

Any polite advice and information would be gratefully appreciated

Sponsored Links
You don't give make and model numbers for your Buderus, so I'm hoping what's below corresponds to what you have. If not some more details might help. I'm guessing that at the moment you will have a small 24 VDC receiver that is connected to the room thermostat terminals 1 & 2 at the back of the control panel.

There is a device called a RTH converter that replaces this and allows standard 230V controls to be connected instead. The diagram below shows a RTH converter in place.

Instructions for wiring the RTH converter can be found by clicking here.

Surely a "BOULTER" Buderus will be an Oil fired Boiler probably a Camray Combi 90A???

I know that BG are "playing" with oil fired boilers these days! :LOL:

No, could be a boulter buderus 500/28c.
The early ones still said Boulter on the case

Sponsored Links
Dear god, it could be one I've serviced.

I imagine the boiler in question is a 500c model. Probably a dodgy install from your mob lee ;)

Be a 500 or 600 combi I imagine.

Yes you can fit an external timer to replace the standard modulink 250.

Any timer with 24v switching will do, I may be wrong but I think the control box will also take mains switching but on a different connector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back