Boundary wall for garage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Still trying to decide what to do with my garage this year.

This is it how it stands:
Carport_zps8069263c.jpg

I was thinking of building this wall up to max permissible height without needing planning, with a flat roof sloped down to my side.

Would agreement from the neighbours be enough for building on this wall (as its already built from)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You would certainly need agreement from your neighbours to raise the height of the wall as it may restrict their right to natural light.
You would also need to show any agreement at a future date should you come to sell the house. Not sure what the rule is regarding planning permission/building regulations but it would certainly need to be built in accordance with standard practices and safety in mind.

You just need a party wall agreement. You can download a template and fill in your details and get them to sign it. They have a right to request a survey but if you are friendly with them it should be easy. By the look of it you'll only get one or maybe two more rows of blocks before you are at the 2.5m limit anyway.

Sponsored Links
That's just what I wanted to hear! I was talking to a colleague who said something about boundary wall shouldn't go past 2m, but hoped he was wrong!

You're right, I think I only need 2 more blocks plus wall plate and I'm up to the right height.

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back