brake servo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a citroen c15d romahome 1.8 diesel 1992 does anyone know if there is a brke servo that will fit this as im used to a servo on my other car and when i drive this the brakes are horrible thanks

Sponsored Links
What you probably need is a remote servo as used on some Rovers, the vacuum is drawn from a tapping in the inlet manifold, no pump needed, not sure what is available but I would think you would need one that is suitable for dual line breaking systems, or, look at other Citreons that have sevos fitted and see if they would be suitable.

No vacuum in the inlet manifold of a diesel, so we need to use a vacuum pump. Good point about looking at another Citroen, maybe a nearby breaker might have one, way down the back of the yard (the older the van the better), you could have a look?

Sponsored Links
IIRC the mid 1980s small Citroen vans (something like a 1500 or 1700cc diesel engine) had servo brakes, with the vacuum pump driven from the end of the camshaft. The same setup was used on the smaller cars with diesel engines I believe.
HTH

I would have thought that all the diesel C15's would have had a servo, but if not you can get all the bits you need from a Peugeot 205 diesel from that era. early ones have a belt driven pump, later ones direct from the cam.
If your brakes are crap, it could be that they just need a good clean (Bendix type - bloody horrible :p )
John :)

Ibiza! Sadly that'll have to wait until the end of the season, in September (if the season should actually start, that is :p )
I'm just back from a motorbike ride to the Loire Valley, which was cold, just like home! We had a few good days though, followed by a ride from hell from Portsmouth yesterday...torrential rain up to Sheffield :eek:
Back to the Normandy beaches next year for the 70th D Day anniversary.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back