brand new honeywell 3 port valve not closing heating port

where in essex ?

what programmer have you got ?
when you say hw/heat on do you get any heat to rads ?
can't see how rads are heating without the white wire connected to anything.

Sponsored Links
I'm in upminster , white wire is connected at mo but not as wiring diagram shows programmer is siemens rwb29. All rads do get hot but with only hw on 2 rads get hot too. That's why I think it's wired wrong valve not closing properly.

Sponsored Links
so whats the white connected to now ?
as it can't be the room stat as thats wired to ch on/ch off.
sounds like you have no control over heating on/off only by the programmer.

when hw on only how far along from 3 port to rads does the pipe get hot ?

Is your radiator upstairs that comes on with hot water ,in the bathroom?
Could it be plumbed (purposefully) into the DHW pri,aries?

No don't think so upstairs rad get luke warm downstairs rad gets quite hot as if CH was on! Regarding wiring mine doesn't match diagram I downloaded from net. Example shows one wire going to terminal 5 in danfoss junction box but mines in 8?
Think I'm going to bite the bullet and get someone to completely rewire it from scratch.

can you show me a link to that diagram ?

yours sounds like you only have an issue with the white wire.

Example shows one wire going to terminal 5 in danfoss junction box but mines in 8?

2 wires to term 5.

they don't have to follow the exact positioning just helps anyone else in the future working on system.

did you see what your white wire was connected to cause its not your wireless stat ?

No to be honest I'm sick of taking it apart going to get some one in.
Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back