Breast cancer

ban-all-sheds

Im Genuinely Very Sorry to hear your better half has been through it , did she go to Christies for treatment ,? Brilliant Hospital ,
is she in remission or are you waiting to hear ?

many more Hospital trips to come for your lady wife , Keep Strong an Cheerful for her sake ..
an Keep coming here at LOL posts

Take Care B.A.S You need a lot of support too ;)

best wishes
regards
moz ;)

Sponsored Links
Yes, B-A-S how is your wife? Is she home? Is she any better?

I'll bet you're looking after her :D Gentle get well hugs for her, from me :D

Thanks to all of you for your concern.

Yes she is home - much, but not completely recovered - basically well enough to come home - still on antibiotics, but only oral ones now.

A week ago she was very poorly - I've recently been reading about neutropenia, and I'm glad I didn't know then what I know now....

Moz - Charing Cross Hospital, which, perversely, is in Hammersmith.

I think she's in remission - at the time of diagnosis (June-July last year) they did all sorts of tests and found no evidence of it having spread (fortunately it was found at an early stage), and then in the op they also removed all of the lymph nodes in her arm on that side, and every single one tested clear, so it hadn't got into the lymphatic system.

Basically she no longer has any sign of it anywhere, which AFAIK is the meaning of "in remission". The chemotherapy is to improve the odds of it not recurring.

One more chemo to go, and then 3-4 weeks of being very careful to avoid possible sources of infections. Then a regime of far more frequent check-ups for several years.

We don't know yet about Herceptin - not because of a funding issue, but because they aren't sure it's applicable for the type of cancer she had, given the side-effects of it.

Sponsored Links
Good luck to the wife B-A-S, and of course to you and any family too. Often people forget that you will also be going through a very difficult time. It is wonderful the advances in modern medicine and treatments.

:)

Back