Bridging-out / disconnecting old wired thermostat

Hi Guys,
I have a similar problem to the one described above, but before I make any modifications to my central heating system, I would like to seek advice
We want to install at home the HIVE ACTIVE HEATING & HOT WATER BOILER THERMOSTAT SYSTEM
The replacement of Honeywell ST9400Cpanel with HIVE seems simple, but the disconnection of Honeywell HCW 80 wireless thermostat seems more complicated.

There are two cables (both twincore + Earth) running from Honeywell HCW 80 to the junction box - please see pictures

Cable No. 1 is connected directly to power
Cable No. 2 is connected between one of the cables from the controller and the white one running to the diverty valve

I think I can unplug cable 1 completely, and after unplugging cable no. 2 connect together the white cable running from the diverty valve together with the one running to the control panel.
Please let me know Guys if I'm right or advise other soltions

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back