Bristan 1901 sink taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a bathroom completely renovated in app march 2011.all taps and shower items were bristan 1901.the first and immediate problem was the shroud on one of the bath taps were not screwed onto the thread of the body.The installer cured that by removing the fibre washer underneath,allowing more thread to protrude.this made the taps visually uneven,so the other tap withought a problem also had the washer removeq.now after approx ten months the sink taps were showing brass around the upper half around the hexagon effect nut.these were consequently renewed by the installer.now one of the sink taps again are showing brass and spreading,where the chrome is so thin.im embarrassed. To yet again call the installer back,as only he has proof of purchase.can anyone advise the best course of action.i thought bristan were the best,but now I have my doubts.

Sponsored Links
If the installer is the only one with proof of purchase, at this time go down that route, you must contact them.
It seems to me that on purchase one of these types was defective and they should have been returned and replaced, not bodged up!
If they are still under warranty get them both sent back.

Since my last post,these taps have constantly pitted and corroded around the shrouds.and the tap shaft splines also wore away.all parts replaced by and fitted by me.now the tap body is losing chrome around the base.Bristan wont do anything unless i give them a card no,so in the event they dont agree they will take £98 from my bank account.i am 72 with cancer and find these scare tactics disgusting.ive sent photos of all the problems and constantly invited them to view the taps and the old parts.but they wont comply withought my bank details.they have my proof of purchase ,which proves the taps are within the five year warranty period.id be interested to hear if anyone has had the same problem with 1901 sink taps.( i dont think this problem applys to other types of bristan taps)

Sponsored Links
A lot of companies are like that nutshell
Appliance and boiler companies . They all want credit card details before an appointment is booked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back