BRITISH GAS COVER , IS IT WORTH IT ?

Ah well, you KNOW, beyond the SLIGHTEST doubt :rolleyes: when your BG man says
"You need a powerflush or I won't mend your boiler. £650 please"

:LOL: :LOL:

I know you are pretty good Chris. You must be as I have no idea how to put “KNOW beyond the SLIGHTEST doubt” and “because a bg man says” in one sentence.

My record still stands at finding the problem in under 10 minutes where 13 of bg’s finest had not managed. Granted, it was a very difficult fault as you had to look UNDER the boiler to see the residue leading to the faulty washer.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
if you doubt you need a powerflush for your system why dont you ask him why when he is actually in the house? ask him to prove why it needs flushing. if he doesnt show you a bucket of black carp from your system then alarm bells should be faintly ringing. if he runs out the door after you ask for a water test then the alarm bells should be deafening for both you and his TSM after you complain very bitterly about the situation.

ive said before that BG customers on the whole are moronic leaches. when an engineer is in your house you are not dealing with a company....you are dealing with an individual......you are paying for a service....ask questions about it......read the terms and conditions, know what you are paying for :rolleyes:

when an engineer is in your house you are not dealing with a company....you are dealing with an individual......you are paying for a service....ask questions about it......read the terms and conditions, know what you are paying for :rolleyes:

Much easier to just let him get on with it!!!

Tony

when an engineer is in your house you are not dealing with a company....you are dealing with an individual......you are paying for a service....ask questions about it......read the terms and conditions, know what you are paying for :rolleyes:

Much easier to just let him get on with it!!!

Tony

then, after he has left, whine on a public forum. certainly seems to be the favoured method. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
most BG customers pay for peace of mind, knowing they will get someone to look at their boiler usually within 24hours. However its not always possible to repair the fault first time. the jobs that go wrong are not terribly common, you just dont hear about the good jobs..

1 last question , whats the most expensive thing that can go wrong with a boiler lets say a baxi 105e (my boiler :) ) . and whats a rough price of repair ?

1 last question , whats the most expensive thing that can go wrong with a boiler lets say a baxi 105e

Annual BG contract £198 !!!

(my boiler :) ) . and whats a rough price of repair ?

If you dont have the above then BG fixed price repair £156

Tony

Maybe not but its the answer that gives the cheapest option for the first, unless he had a very cheap independent for the second.

I have just been looking up a replacement PCB and that is about £70 without any labour charge!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back