Broken Leg

Back out now. Hope not to go in again now!

Had my fair share of hospitals for ohh.... the next 70 years?

Went on IV fluclox and pen for 5 days. Infection markers came down, but pain went up, so I had the 4 lower pins removed, redrilled and replaced.

I can walk so much better now, it's incredible.
Back for check-up 9 March. ;)

Sponsored Links
Good news, SS. Glad you are on the mend.

I know a gentleman (an ex-miner) from my work at a local mining museum, who has been suffering from similar problems to yours for years now. He's desperately fed up with pain and being unable to walk. I wish he could be lucky enough to have the same success as you.

Hey! It's not a competition! ;)

Seriously, is that your leg?

I have that piccy of the x-ray of the top half of the leg (didn't get the rest) and the frame itself which are both here somewhere.

I also have some x-rays of the X-fix that I will post but I didn't manage to get any of the latest procedure. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Here is the picture of the frame again. There are 5 rings in total.
The pins that were swapped out were those attached to the bottom 2 rings.

That's got it's own X frame. I broke that as well when I fell over... :cry:

Had another two infections since the pin replacement...

Latest one is well grim (as they say in this neck of the woods).

I went back to the surgeon on Friday and he said if it gets no better over the weekend, come back on Monday and we will take the frame off.

Trouble is, he has admitted he has two wards full of patients with broken bones waiting for surgery.

Can't wait for it to come off!

Had another two infections since the pin replacement...

Latest one is well grim (as they say in this neck of the woods).

I went back to the surgeon on Friday and he said if it gets no better over the weekend, come back on Monday and we will take the frame off.

Trouble is, he has admitted he has two wards full of patients with broken bones waiting for surgery.

Can't wait for it to come off!

Hi SS, hope you have some positive news, you sure deserve some.
Just a thought, have they(SH)tested for MRSA?
A nurse I do work for mentioned that SH and Wythenshawe have had a few reports over the last few months.

Ss, i can't remember if i asked you which hospital?

I had the frame fitted at Stepping Hill but the surgeon has now moved to MRI so that is where I am now.

Terry... S H H dont check for MRSA but MRI do swabs from nose, groin and where the sun dont shine..... :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back