Bt master socket

Yes your statement is correct see my previous post to see what colours are joined

Sponsored Links
I have looked at bt box. There is a main cable coming to box and a white cable going through wall to master socket and the extension cable is black and that is joined in the bt box outside. Incoming blue are joined outside and come in to A & B. The orange pair coming into master socket are joined outside to the blue pair that go to extension. The green pair coming to master join the orange pair going to extension. The green going to extension go nowhere. Sorry it's more complex than I thought
Ok the "full wiring" would be

Front plate of master socket:
2: orange/white
3: green/white
4: white/green
5: white/orange

Extension socket
2: blue/white
3: orange/white
4: white/orange
5: white/blue

However if you use ADSL with separate filters for each phone you are likely to get better performance if you only connect terminals 2 and 5 and leave out the wiring to terminals 3 and 4.

Hi thanks for all your help, I've tried all that and still no joy I think there must be a problem with the bt wiring as I can't get the socket on the front of the master to work only the test socket. I will have to get bt out.
Again many thanks to everyone.

Sponsored Links
No wonder there are problems; some naughty person has used a couple of unused wires in the bit of cable that joins between BT incomer and the back part of master A&B to come back from the front part of the master 2&5 and then joined them to the cable going to the extensions.
Solvable with careful inspection and remaking connectipons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back