Bulger murderer denied parole.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And so he should be. But to be able to re-apply in two years is a joke, surely?
If 30 years of prison/parole/licence haven't changed him, what on earth makes the parole boar think another 2 years inside is going to?
He should be banged up for the rest of his life and stripped of his anonymity. The taxpayers of this country have paid enough to protect him!

Sponsored Links
I agree with you 100% but I think you mean Jon Venables. Jamie Bulger was the boy he abducted and killed.

I agree with you 100% but I think you mean Jon Venables. Jamie Bulger was the boy he abducted and killed.
Quite correct. I titled it incorrectly because I was so incensed with the idea of him getting another chance in 2 years.
Title now corrected.

Sponsored Links
Jonny boy is having a pedantic day. Something has upset him. Have European stocks and shares taken a tumble?

But he has not taken that chance, has he?
Something is broken beyond repair, deep in his brain.

r.
I know they didn't say he could be released in two years.
But they have stated he can apply again in two years. Use your common sense and stop being pedantic.
It has nothing to do with mending his ways, it is entirely due to his rights as a prisoner to be considered for parole. He was declined last time and having been released and recalled twice? before, I think its unlikely he will be released ever.

Which gives a prisoner some incentive to mend his ways.
As I said earlier. If he hasn't mended his ways in 30 years, what are the chances of him mending them in the next 2 years?
He could behave himself in the next 2 years and convince the gullible people, (sorry, parole board), that he has finally realised is mistakes and is no longer a danger. They release him and within a month he has assaulted, raped, murdered a couple of kiddies. Then he may get banged up for life, but it's too late. It won't undo what he has done since being released.

As I said earlier. If he hasn't mended his ways in 30 years, what are the chances of him mending them in the next 2 years?
I expect the rules are applied to all prisoners seeking parole.

Some of them may reform.

It's amazing he has survived in prison really. Guess he spends a lot of time alone.

So are you saying that a retrospective full life sentence should be imposed?

Along with many other people like him that have committed horrific crimes?

The problem is with that thinking is that there are people who have been wrongly convicted who would have never been allowed to gain their freedom.

There is no perfect system, but to allow that system a chance to make a periodical judgement and hold it accountable is a far better thing...

After all, you could find yourself facing such an injustice...

Of course you'd deny that could ever happen, but it has been done to many innocent people in the past!

The knee jerk reaction (which I have in the past in part agreed with) is to have convictions where 'life means life'...

But it has to be done at the time, and with the chance to appeal at a later date given evidence that may have not been available at the time...

Anecdote from a mate whose brother worked with some of the VIP prisoners, Huntley, Bronson etc, if the cells were searched or they were moved to another wing it was only after approval from high up in the Home Office, another mate who was a magistrate for many years was told during training that these parole hearings and other good behaviour measures were to try and hold the lid on prisons and keep staff safe.

Sponsored Links
Back