Buying new boiler - advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got onto property ladder in London with small 2 bed flat with 4 radiators around flat. Current system is very old and needs replacing, definately need a comprehensive system flush and slightly extended external flue required.

Have had 3 quotes:

B Gas - £4500
Company 1 - Worcester Bosch Junior 24KWI £2150 + VAT
Company 2 - Ferroli Optimax HE £2350 + VAT

Do you experts think these are reasonable quotes and are the boilers reliable/meet my requirements?

Any other recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Is this just for a boiler replacement or whole heating (I doubt). Forget BG
Ask others for a quote for a 28/31Kw combi. Always size your combi for hot water use, not ch output. I never fit a 24Kw unless in a factory unit with only one or two hot taps in the loo :rolleyes:

Prices sound good for London, I'd probably be slihtly more around my way :eek:

ferroli optimax is a canny boiler fit one last week for a friend, worcesters also very good boilers. does this price include new radiators :?:

Sponsored Links
ive just priced a job new combi optimax 31he for a bbu, swap 6-7 rads to new + rad valves, also add an extra rad on the system all for 3k

i must move to london and get a dick turpin mask :LOL:

timmy74 said:
ive just priced a job new combi optimax 31he for a bbu, swap 6-7 rads to new + rad valves, also add an extra rad on the system all for 3k

I'd be looking for £3500 + VAT for this :eek:

Seriously though, why is there such a difference in prices for areas. Parts are all the same :rolleyes:

gas4you said:
timmy74 said:

I'd be looking for £3500 + VAT for this :eek:

Seriously though, why is there such a difference in prices for areas. Parts are all the same :rolleyes:

to be quite frank if i said 3500 the lady would of probably said yes, even asked me if i wanted cash or cheque up front :eek:

if houses in and around london cost the same as durham timmy I would agree

but they dont the cost of living is higher in the south east fact of life.

gas4you said:
timmy74 said:

Our mansions cost more though :rolleyes: :D

corgiman said:
if houses in and around london cost the same as durham timmy I would agree

but they dont the cost of living is higher in the south east fact of life.

agreed :LOL: price of a loaf roughly the same though

Is that an old conventional boiler with stored hot water etc, so tanks to come out and H & C water to get to the boiler and a bigger gas pipe to worry about?? Or already a combi? It makes quite a difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back