c+m brittony 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there earlier couldnt get no hot water suspected the water heat exchanger took it apart and it was full of crap blocking one of the holes. I cleared the blockage and seems to be working ok again. What do youz think is causing this build up of stuff and what options do you's recommend.

Sponsored Links
I would recommend that the heating system is powerflushed as it sounds like the is loads of c*** in your system ;)

Sponsored Links
The heat exchanger sounds like it has responded to your cleaning so I would leave it in for now.

Average price for powerflush would be around £350 + VAT

does this include all the radiators??? It making a sort of kettling noise when the water heats up do you think this is because the water isnt going through the exchanger fast enough???

thanks

Kettling is usually common in older boilers due to scale build up. The water in the heat exchanger boils on each little 'spot' of scale which is what causes the noise.

A strong cleanser/descaler used in the powerflush correctly would help this.

Yes this price would include the rads an all ;)

hendo127 said:
does this include all the radiators??? It making a sort of kettling noise when the water heats up do you think this is because the water isnt going through the exchanger fast enough???

thanks

Yes. Personally hendo as your capable of changing/cleaning the HW HE yourself, id keep the powerflush money and put it towards a new boiler as it will need to be done then anayway.

Its not a bad boiler but i wouldnt be spending that sort of money to maintain it.

Also as a temp repair, run a chemical in the system for a few weeks and drain it out a few times.

Isolate a rad, drain water from it and add chemical cleanser via air bleed nipple. Refill and let circulate for a few days.

Any local plumbers merchants or at a push B&Q or similar. probably around £15 depending on make/quantity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back