C&M Chaffoteaux Britony Brittony Combi SE Gas problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

This time i bought a flat and its got one of the above fitted. When HW is run you get warm water only everything ignites and runs for about 10 seconds smooth then it looks like the gas is pulsing.

When CH is turned on it runs smooth for a few minutes then gas pulses.

On both occasions the fan and pumps run on and boiler turns off and attempts re-ignition but fails then the boiler gives up but no fault lamps come on.

There seems to be a staged gas valve looking from left to right first actuator has no continuity the next 2 have continuity all the time whether running or not.

Do you think there is problem with this valve and is the sequence right to left?

Is it possible to replace the actuators or is it the complete valve? An idea of the cost and labour time for Corgi? Are there any further tests i can carry out to find the cause of the pulsing.

Thanks for your comments.

Sponsored Links
Don't jump to conclusions about the gas valve without fully understanding how it works (read the manual). The PCB is prone to fail on this boiler.

Is the flame lifting of the burner causing it to go to lock out ?

If so something wrong with flue. Needs looking at pronto.

Andy

"""There seems to be a staged gas valve looking from left to right first actuator has no continuity the next 2 have continuity all the time whether running or not. """

Just how do you measure the continuity when they are running ???

In any case they dont have "continuity" in the usual sense of a low resistance!

I think that you need a competent CORGI engineer who understands electronics!

Tony

Sponsored Links
About the continuity my Fluke is being calibrated so i used my cheap multimeter there was low resistance on each of the actuators approx 117 ohms on the 2 on the right and 113 on the one on the left which i have worked out as being no.3 in the sequence.

You might be right about the PCB because after the few seconds of running smoothly, the flames pulse, the PCB sends a close signal to actuator no.3 on the left turning the gas off. The other 2 seem to be normally open.

I removed the 2 pin plug off actuator 3 and bridged it and now it seems to run fine on CH (no pulsing) runs until temperature is reached. It gets the flat warm but it doesnt seem to give HW when CH is running although when CH is off it does.

Any futher ideas?

Flue is fine combustion seems good. Like i said the problem with the gas does not occur when i put a link into the plg connector of actuator no.3. The chamber is sealed well no gaps or damage.

montur said:
Flue is fine combustion seems good. Like i said the problem with the gas does not occur when i put a link into the plg connector of actuator no.3. The chamber is sealed well no gaps or damage.

course it dosen't thats the max gas solenoid

sorry kev i did not understand the last comment.

someone has suggested i check if the solenoids are sticking first before trying to get PCB.

I cannot understand how a Corgi engineer can diagnose a PCB fault if no circuit board layout and function details are available?

who diagnosed a pcb fault ????

if the third solenoid aint kicking in it is not running at full rate

BTW what is a corgi engeneer

most of the so called "engineers " are pretentios pratts that like to sound good

and corgi aint worth jack yer pays yer money yer keep your number

END OF RANT

I was pointing out the correct spelling of pretentious! With a u in it. It was also meant to be a joke, me behaving like a pretentious prat (you spelt that wrong too!). Too subtle for some...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back