Cable identity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a recent garage clear out I threw out a load of old cables. Went to get the weed sprayer out yesterday and guess what, yes I've thrown out the charging cable for my electric knapsack sprayer. From the photo I have attached can anyone identify what type cable I would need. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 227
Sponsored Links
Hi sorry it is actually called The Handy Electric Knapsack Sprayer, made by www.thehandy.co.uk, they no longer sell this model and do not have any spares. The charging port measures 15.67mm on the outside.

Sponsored Links
Due to health problems I can't use the pressure type sprayer which is the reason I have the electric one. If it comes to it I will have to buy another electric one but thought I would ask if anybody knew what cable I would need.

Connector might be this series, looks like old Bulgin anyway http://cpc.farnell.com/bulgin/px0731-s/socket-sealed-free-3-way/dp/CN08575. No idea what the pinouts would be, you'd need to take the plug apart for that. Don't think those metal connectors were mains rated so possible there was an ELV supply you chucked out with the cables?
They do a 250v version. the datasheet is here
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/40639.pdf
The spec has all the measurements, at £10 a pop it may be worth buying one and giving it a go. The centre pin will be the earth connection.

If you can get at the inside of the sprayer, there may be a part number on the male connector. Then it's easy to identify its 'mate'.

Managed to get it out unfortunately there are no identifying marks at all.

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 118
Would that be able to carry 240V then again I don't know if there was a resistor or anything on the cable, it is only to charge a small battery.

No, I don't think they are rated for mains - they are normally used for CB microphones.

I think there must have been a "wall wart" of some description at the other end of the cable.

it is only to charge a small battery.
think there must have been a "wall wart" of some description at the other end of the cable.
Agreed. It sounds very much like there was a power supply/charger as part of the lead that you threw out. Its probably only 12v or something there.
Do you still have the instruction manual for the knapsack sprayer.? There may be a clue there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back