cable replacement and tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend replacing my old tv cable with good quality stuff. I have been on the roof and had an inspection. 2 cables come off the aerial down the chimney stack and then off to the right and left down the roof about three tiles down and into the loft from both sides.

so :-

1 moving the cable about was tricky. it was stuck under the tiles which is to be expected i suppose. Will I simply need to wedge the tile upwards to move this about freely? No need to remove the tile?

2 Once I have the new cable into the loft I intend taking it out of the soffit at the back of the house down the wall to the point where it should enter the house into my front room. i presume i can just drill the soffit? and sealent it afterwards?

3 I can get on the roof from the apex from an an extension which has a flat roof. Is it ok to tread very very carefully across the three feet or so to the chimney stack on the oval tiles that go across the point or top of the roof? These are larger than the regular tiles that go down the roof

Sponsored Links
im virtually there with the work and have a cable ready to come out the roof

I just need to know if i can traverse the roof right at the top across to the aerial. how stupid would that be? should i have a proper ladder that flips over.

it may seem like the most obvious thing in the world but not to me. can anyone assist

Sponsored Links
8) :cool:

ok breezer

i whipped up a seance and he said he should have used some proper equipment. he also said that emu was doing fine

i guess i feel frustrated that i have managed most of the work. i feel a bit useless having to ask for assistance and wondered if i could finish the job myself.

ill get a pro in to do the final connection. i just wondered what everyone else does in this position. ill get the birch out and start the self flagellation immediately

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back