Cable running in plaster.

Sponsored Links
Read my last post dumbo
It's far more dumb to think that the topic revolves around you, and that member reads every word of your long and tedious post before making their own succinct and perfectly valid contribution.
I didn’t think the topic revolved around me at all, just putting a plasterers perspective around a nonsensical myth; as for valid a contribution well, yes, it would have been if it had been correct. :rolleyes:

YOU FIRST CLASS C O C K Richard C
Sorry about the dumbo bit oharaf. ;)

FWIW, i used to work with a spark who HAS had plasterers slice his cable with the edge of their trowell.
I don't think it was a regualr occurrence, but it happened to him.

There no reg regards capping, but i think that there is guidance as to what is sufficient to give 'mechanical protection' and i think it is 3mm of mild steel or equivalent.

This means metal capping is not robust enough to be considered as mech. protection.

Also, there is an arguement to suggest that metal capping can give rise to a dangerous situation. If happy customer decides to put up a picture, bangs nail into wall with hammer, has no clue that hes just pierced the capping and gone into the line conductor. It possible, and has happened, that it could send the whole (or at least part) live

Sponsored Links
as for valid a contribution well, yes, it would have been if it had been correct.
Read oharaf's post dumbo.

If Orahaf had taken the time to follow & read the thread properly, he would have been aware that the “dangling cables” comment was not meant to be taken seriously; I do have a fair bit of both domestic & commercial electrical installation experience. To poke 5 sets of rolling eyes at me is inflammatory in itself so you could say, he started it. I've already admitted that the “Dumbo” comment was uncalled for & I could have handled it much better but it was late! ;)

If your intent is to rush to orahaf’s defence as a fellow spark then I’m sure that’s laudable but it’s equally clear orahaf, having called me cock, is quiet capable of speaking up for himself. I don’t see any point in going over the same old ground or getting into a slanging match with someone who’s not been involved & pops up out of nowhere a week after the thread has run its course; the thread is dead as far as I’m concerned.

as for valid a contribution well, yes, it would have been if it had been correct.
Read oharaf's post dumbo.

If your intent is to rush to orahaf’s defence as a fellow spark then I’m sure that’s laudable but it’s equally clear orahaf, having called me cock, is quiet capable of speaking up for himself. I don’t see any point in going over the same old ground or getting into a slanging match with someone who’s not been involved & pops up out of nowhere a week after the thread has run its course; the thread is dead as far as I’m concerned.

hang on a sec matey, i'm not rushing to anyones defence, i merely chucked in a bit of what could be called pertinent info regards metal capping, from experience.

I don't know you, i don't know Orahaf, I haven't called you anything, I dont know you, why would i?

hang on a sec matey, i'm not rushing to anyones defence, i merely chucked in a bit of what could be called pertinent info regards metal capping, from experience.

I don't know you, i don't know Orahaf, I haven't called you anything, I dont know you, why would i?
My quote was to Oldberg’s comment so why on earth would you think I’m referring to you, matey :?:

Jeeeze what is it with you guys on here today, wrong time of the month or something! :rolleyes:

My quote was to Oldberg’s comment so why on earth would you think I’m referring to you, matey :?:

Jeeeze what is it with you guys on here today, wrong time of the month or something! :rolleyes:

sorry, simple misunderstanding as your post was directly after mine.

toot toot :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back