Cable sizing

Usually at least 4mm2 for a 32A radial, and even then it depends on other factors.

OK, so, I will use 2.5mm2 "ring", and each room separately, so say 3-5 wall sockets, and fitted with a 20A fuse on the consumer unit?

But the kitchen : would that require beefier cabling as we have toasters, fast kettles, coffee makers, air fryers etc? Can I split the kitchen into two, so use 2.5mm2 still, but in two separately fused circuits? And have the W/M, D/W all separate?

Sponsored Links
OK, so, I will use 2.5mm2 "ring", and each room separately, so say 3-5 wall sockets, and fitted with a 20A fuse on the consumer unit?

But the kitchen : would that require beefier cabling as we have toasters, fast kettles, coffee makers, air fryers etc? Can I split the kitchen into two, so use 2.5mm2 still, but in two separately fused circuits? And have the W/M, D/W all separate?
WILL YOU PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ELECTRICIAN, THIS FORUM IS NOT THE PLACE TO BE HAVING THESE DISCUSSIONS.

FHS man, which part of "No one other than an electrician on site can answer your questions " don't you understand??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back