Cables behind wall?

G

Goldspoon

Hi...

I have a device by Bosch (a DMF 10 Zoom) that tells me if there is metal/wood/electrics in the wall (prior to drilling). Great tool - has a hole that flashes red if one should not drill in that place.

Problem is that on one wall of my house it flashes everywhere and shows there to be electrics behind every inch of the wall. Why might this be?

Is a bedroom wall with twp sockets but device seems to think there is thousands of miles of electric cable in there!

Thks

Sponsored Links
Dot and dab walls with foil lined plasterboard and its picking up the metal?
You've got it detecting wooden studs and too sensitive and its picking up the front of the wall!

To find out where the cables are, switch off the power and pop the accessary forward, cables should go in a straight line up, down or sideways (theres also cable routing zones in the corners and at the top of the wall)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back