Installing a Wall Mounted Electric Fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wall Mounted Electric Fires look really great in the showrooms until you get them home mount them on the wall then realise you have an ugly power cable on show.

My plan was to convert the single socket nearby to a fused connection unit and drill a hole in the wall were the electrical flex comes out of fire and take it behind behind the plasterboard (dry lined wall) in some oval conduit down to the fcu.

Is this acceptable?

I'd hate to think I'd have to resort to surface mounted trunking.

Sponsored Links
Wasn't sure what you meant by safe zones at first but found a useful post here on the forum which explained it all.

Original plan would have been to run the flex diagnonally down from fire to FCU in oval conduit but as that is not allowed the alternative plan is to add an FCU down below the electric fire and to take that back to the single socket thus having the fcu as a spur.

fireq.jpg

Can I assume that as the fire came connected with that flex then there is no need to worry about its suitability for connection to the fcu?

Sponsored Links
i have a electric wall mounted flame effect fire 18 months old it will not work every time push the heater button the flame effect goes off the flame has three positions

How DARE you hi-jack an existing post.

Start your own thread, and you should get a better response.

Hi, you would be better to hop over to appliance forum, they will be able to help you.

Kind regards,

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back