Calculating oil boiler kw by nozzle size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a very old trianco Eurostar heat only oil boiler.

All the spec has worn off or been lost due to age.

Firstly does anyone know what nozzle it should have? Currently has a delavan .65 60 w and what the co2 should be?

Also how to calculate the output from the nozzle size, I.e to possibly put in a smaller nozzle.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Get yourself a DANFOSS Nozzle Guide, this includes a useful chart giving Heat Input in Kw/h for diffrent Nozzles and fuel pressures - this is invaluable ;)

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember my Eurostar had a rating plate with nozzle size and oil pressure stamped on it fixed to the body of the boiler just above the burner mounting.

Is that missing then?

A smaller nozzle will just make the boiler run more to make up for the lower heat input!

Cant recall any small eurostar that had a 60 degree nozzle, always an 80 until the 50/73 (kilowatt) when it became a 60 degree. As regards pattern, most are EH, but the delevan W will be an acceptble substitute for this; it is classed as universal.

Get yourself a DANFOSS Nozzle Guide, this includes a useful chart giving Heat Input in Kw/h for diffrent Nozzles and fuel pressures - this is invaluable ;)

Where would I get hold of this?

I have looked at various different manuals online.

Trouble is the OP has not stated the fuel pressure!! :confused:

Exactly...! If I have no idea on boiler type, how do I know what to set it to..

;)

But seriously it was set around 115psi, give or take to get the readings I needed.

I seem to remember my Eurostar had a rating plate with nozzle size and oil pressure stamped on it fixed to the body of the boiler just above the burner mounting.

Is that missing then?

Yup..!

Cant recall any small eurostar that had a 60 degree nozzle, always an 80 until the 50/73 (kilowatt) when it became a 60 degree. As regards pattern, most are EH, but the delevan W will be an acceptble substitute for this; it is classed as universal.

That's the trouble, I think it's been buggered about with over the years.

Every year regular as clockwork it chokes up and locks out, mainly just the blast tube and photocell. Chamber and baffles remains pretty much soot free. New nozzle and service sets it going for another year.

IMO the 60 nozzle is firing the flame to long for the chamber, hitting the back.

So I've ordered a danfoss .60 80eh and I'll try that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back