Calls are growing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the de-selection of 4 pro-Brexit labour MP's who helped Theresa May to narrowly see off a challenge to her brexit plan.

She would have been defeated in the vote on customs union but for the support of

Frank Field
Kate Hoey
John Mann
Graham Stringer

Kelvin Hopkins who is currently suspended from Labour over sexual harassment claims also backed Mrs May

There intervention has infuriated MP's & activists from all parts of the party

Laura Parker the leader of the Pro-Corbyn group "Momentum" accusssed the quartet of the betrayal of millions of labour voters

Sponsored Links
This seems to be an example of how divisive Brexit has become.

Why would labour miss the chance of defeating a vote and potentially forcing a leadership challenge.

Just as weird is Vince Cable and Tim Farron missing out on one of the votes.

The country as gone nuts

If they do have them de selected, then I can see stormy times ahead for the Labour party. Kate Hoey has already welcomed them to try.

Sponsored Links
This seems to be an example of how divisive Brexit has become.
Maybe you ought to remind a certain coloured captain of that - he seems to disagree with you!

The UK is not a bitterly divided nation at all.

And I certainly can't disagree with what you say here:

Why would labour miss the chance of defeating a vote and potentially forcing a leadership challenge.

Just as weird is Vince Cable and Tim Farron missing out on one of the votes.

The country as gone nuts
Nobody it seems wants to nail their colours to the mast in case they alienate any portion of the electorate at any particular time.

Surely in the wake of Brexit it is time to adopt a fairer voting system (PR) so that all views are reflected equally in Parliament?
That would imo be a step towards healing the division in our country.

Last edited:
All views ? ;) yep I am sure you would like all views represented ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

All views ? ;) yep I am sure you would like all views represented ;)

:LOL: :LOL:
Absolutely...

If UKIP had got their fair share of seats in an election then we wouldn't be in the mess we are now!

Instead we have essentially a two party 'monopoly' that perpetuates a ruling system that allows the cosy political elite to feather their own nests and treat the electorate as mushrooms...

You being a fine example of said fungus :)

Absolutely...

If UKIP had got their fair share of seats in an election then we wouldn't be in the mess we are now!

Instead we have essentially a two party system that perpetuates a ruling system that allows the cosy political elite to feather their own nests and treat the electorate as mushrooms...

You being a fine example :)

:rolleyes::LOL: speak for your self as u are a mushroom :LOL:

I am not in the "Electorate group" and have no intention to do so ;)

PR . Yep BNP , English defence league , Islamic extremist fruit cakes ect ect

:rolleyes::LOL: speak for your self as u are a mushroom :LOL:

I am not in the "Electorate group" and have no intention to do so ;)

PR . Yep BNP , English defence league , Islamic extremist fruit cakes ect ect
And worst of all, Limp Dems.

It does surprise me why labour are not offering a stop Brexit option. I guess remain and leave cuts them all down the middle. Bring back David Cameron and ed Miliband - at least they had some energy.

It does surprise me why labour are not offering a stop Brexit option. I guess remain and leave cuts them all down the middle. Bring back David Cameron and ed Miliband - at least they had some energy.
Mr Corbyn is a victim of his own success. He is a long time Eurosceptic but a huge part of his support are strong remainers so whichever way he jumps will cause him trouble and cost him support.

Mr Corbyn is a victim of his own success. He is a long time Eurosceptic but a huge part of his support are strong remainers so whichever way he jumps will cause him trouble and cost him support.
Which is how all politicians are playing it - for themselves!

Free us from the party stranglehold and I think we'd find a more representative approach which gives all views a chance to be heard.

Which is how all politicians are playing it - for themselves!

Free us from the party stranglehold and I think we'd find a more representative approach which gives all views a chance to be heard.
Agreed.

Turkeys dont vote for Christmas though, so the status wont change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back