Cameron's alcohol tax...

I drink 8 cans a night average 5 percent, have done for 30 yrs, from 7 pm till about 12am does that make me an alco?

It certainly makes you a risk to yourself and others if you drive a vehicle the following morning.

Sponsored Links
Your confusing the issue.
You just hate the contributions.
Where have I insulted you?

Others mentions your rectum and paper not me.

Sponsored Links
I drink 8 cans a night average 5 percent, have done for 30 yrs, from 7 pm till about 12am does that make me an alco?

Libby, that's not a question for the people on here... it's a question to yourself. Can you stop drinking that amount? Do you want to stop?

Two factors which determine alcoholism..

But what is more appropriate is that alcohol is a poison, and ingesting a lot of it starts to destroy our bodies.... according to guidelines, your intake is quite high. But, that said, some people's bodies will survive at that kind of level.... others will perish.

It's your call Libby. Do you want to become svelt and start running half marathons? or do you want to risk your longer term health?

only you have the answer.
(i suspect someone as clued up as you knows the facts !!)
Good luck !!

Your confusing the issue.
You just hate the contributions.
Where have I insulted you?

Others mentions your rectum and paper not me.

Alarm, i like contributions.... apart from the one that says "but you don't think!"

what does that mean? in context... unless it's a simple insult - which i suspect you're above??

It was a reasonable answer to your poorly worded question. Simple really. Had you constructed it slightly differently you would have had a better answer.

It was a reasonable answer to your poorly worded question. Simple really. Had you constructed it slightly differently you would have had a better answer.

was it?

i'd quoted rules 1 & 2 of the forum as a response to some nonsense... and you said i should read them.... and i said that i didn't think you knew what they were....

and your monumental response was.... "i didn't think"...

please expand on your reasonable answer, as i don't get it yet.... because i do think !!! so does that make you completely wrong?? :eek:

don't think you know what they are do you

Is not the same as "I do not " one is a statement one a question.

As i said a reasonable response given the format. After all you are always correcting others.

don't think you know what they are do you

Is not the same as "I do not " one is a statement one a question.

As i said a reasonable response given the format. After all you are always correcting others.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnn!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

no, not ALWAYS correcting others..... not ALWAYS doing anything !!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (apart from always being bored by your abuse !! )

See, when its explained to you. And your proven to be wrong you exaggerate.
Typical.

I'm talking generically about the people who earn money, they tend to be the ones who pay the taxes...

Well, who'd have thought that.

You've both missed out a large group of people, those pensioners paying tax on private pensions and income from savings.
There are also others, such as those paying inheritance and capital gains tax, company tax, etc.
Even the non-earners pay VAT on most of their purchases.

It's always bemused me that in France, they have a similar size population but a much larger country. The tax on alcohol, tobacco, road fund license and fuel is lower (or non-existent), yet the roads are in better condition, the health service is of higher quality.
How come they can do it?

I'm talking generically about the people who earn money, they tend to be the ones who pay the taxes...

Well, who'd have thought that.

You've both missed out a large group of people, those pensioners paying tax on private pensions and income from savings.
There are also others, such as those paying inheritance and capital gains tax, company tax, etc.
Even the non-earners pay VAT on most of their purchases.

It's always bemused me that in France, they have a similar size population but a much larger country. The tax on alcohol, tobacco, road fund license and fuel is lower (or non-existent), yet the roads are in better condition, the health service is of higher quality.
How come they can do it?

Yeah i agree RH2... but my point really was about Cameron's approach to addressing the drinking habits of this nation. But as ever, three pages of abuse, and the topic is a little off target !!

Sponsored Links
Back