Can a washing machine & dishwasher B happy with gravity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi amigos & amigas

I want to feed a washing machine (and dishwasher) from a cold water tank, which its bottom is 2 meters above the floor...(I have to feed it from a cold water tank in my case)

can I rely on just gravity or do I need to pump the water before feeding my washing machine and dish washer??

thank you friends

Sponsored Links
Washing machines are fine with gravity hot feeds... So I would assume cold should be as well.

It could well end up being something that is not a problem until things start to wear out after a few years.

corgiman said:
it will be fine on gravity
just will take a while to fill

thanks corgiman,

i really thought the washing machine and dishwasher had some kind of clever thing that sucks the water, i was daft.....if it takes longer to fill maybe i should pump it...

cheers

Sponsored Links
I doubt it would be worth the hassle - although; if you can run them from a cold tank, why can you not drop a mains line down instead?

Please explain the situation...

Dan_Robinson said:
I doubt it would be worth the hassle - although; if you can run them from a cold tank, why can you not drop a mains line down instead?
Please explain the situation...

Hi Dan

i've got to run from a cold water tank because my main is unreliable (remember my appartment in morocco) it's giving me headache not having constant reliable water supply (water supply over there is mad), this is why I am having mains dunpimg into water tank (2 days supply just in case :) )

I remember... sorry...

You will be pushing water out of that tank with a pump anyway won't you?

If you can handle the noise then make use of the pump.

Another alternative would be to run off gravity with dedicated feeds from the cylinder. If the performance is not what you want you can always yee into the pump outlet.

Why do I like pipes so much?

Am I the only one that walks down the street playing "name that boiler"?

My geography teacher said that we would do it for ox-bow lakes and mountain formations; but this is riduclous - even the wife can now tell the difference between a Netaheat/Profile/Suprima.

:eek:

YAY

I am not alone

I do that when looking at flues

we are a couple of sad gadgers mate

:)

I had one WM which wouldn't fill from a lowish cistern. Check ith the mfr.

I'd check with the install manual. If the pressures too low the soap may not get dispersed from the soap dispenser, may have to use a ball.

hello DIY freaks

thank you all for your input, which was very useful again

best regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back