Can I change my own boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having helped plumbers change about 6 or 7 combi boilers over the past few years & having seen how it is basically following a procedure which is helped by the installers instructions supplied by the manufacturers, I believe I can do it myself.

So I am raising this question with you to confirm my suspicion that as long as I get a Corgi registered plumber to do the final gas connection, I will be within the law?

I guess if you say yes, I would also be smart to get the Corgi plumber to double check my installation before firing it up.

What do you reckon?

Sponsored Links
There are lots of threads on this one. Best advice would be get a corgi involved before getting the boiler. You need one to say he's installed it, for your guarantee, and Notify the installation through corgi for Building Control.

Apparently not you must be corgi in your own right their rules not mine.Icant install my own boiler unless registered used to be able to provided i was competent and not doing it for financial gain.Asked the same question at last corgi inspection that was their reply.

Yes you can, look at the "Corgi" thread on the general chat forum. Stick it in, check for leaks, tell building control, bobs your uncle.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back