can i spur off a fused switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying :confused: to work out the best way of connecting some low voltage downlighters to the mains for the kitchen cupboards, i have a fused switch which in on the main ring ( 1 wire in and 1 out ) ready to be connected to a hob fan and was wondering whether i can still spur off this to supply a switch under the cupboards for the lights. There will then be - main ring in, main ring out, spur (to lights) on the feed in, and then the hob on the fused switched side. Is this ok.
Also what cable should i use to connect the lights (2.5mm from the spur to the switch, then transformer joined to the switch, then whats best to connect to the lights).

Thanks

Sorry if anything is confusing that just me ;)

BTW lights are 5x 20w L/V downlighters with 105w transformer.

Sponsored Links
from what you are saying you wnat top spur off a spur, the answer to that is NO.

Why not "break into the ring and put a switched spur onto the ring?

cable to spur shopuld be 2.5mm t & e after spur it depneds on size of fuse, but 1.mm t & e to your lv transformer is fine

the fused switch is a break in the mains, so does the hob fan already count as a spur?? eg. say i used a single socket instead of the fused switch and plugged in the hob fan i believe i am still able to spur from the socket ( using it as a juction box, can i not do the same with a fused switch :?:

anymore thoughts on the above.....or should i just connect a socket instead of the fused switch and plug the cooker hood in, and spur off the socket for the lights??? :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back