Can I use a Twin impellar pump to boost hot pressure only..?

Doitall wrote.

The pressure equalisation valve is the cheapest and best way to balance the hot with the cold.

If you have a pump with twin inlets then provide the necessary pipework to these inlets. Its not that difficult and no equalising valve needed.
The OP is inexperienced by the sound of it and I doubt if he knows how to pipe in this valve.
If he goes with an equalising valve then I can see this thread becoming very long indeed.

Sponsored Links
Bigburn said:
Doitall wrote.

The pressure equalisation valve is the cheapest and best way to balance the hot with the cold.

If you have a pump with twin inlets then provide the necessary pipework to these inlets. Its not that difficult and no equalising valve needed.

He only has a cold mains, the cold is not from a tank.

The OP is inexperienced by the sound of it and I doubt if he knows how to pipe in this valve.
If he goes with an equalising valve then I can see this thread becoming very long indeed.

An equalizing valve is simple to pipe up - virtually foolproof. I explained how to do it. Simple indeed.

Very simple indeed, 4 nuts actually.

cold in - cold out.
hot in - hot out.

Water Systems said:
Just do as I say. Forget the other odd suggestions.
Trouble is, you can ignore plenty of what Water Systems says,
considering that
Water Systems also said:
If it can then it may be worth it piping up in series not parallel. Then you may get ~3 bar out of it on the hot side.

You need a drivel and pollution filter for his posts.

As you will have worked out, there is more than one option.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Water Systems said:
Just do as I say. Forget the other odd suggestions.
Trouble is, you can ignore plenty of what Water Systems says,
considering that
Water Systems also said:
If it can then it may be worth it piping up in series not parallel. Then you may get ~3 bar out of it on the hot side.

I actualy connected up that way once and measured the pressures. It worked. Make sure, you undrestand tebhmakers bumph.

MOD please remove the abuse directed at me.

MOD 2

don't start playing your silly games on this forum if you want an arguement toddle off back to screwf*x

Do you know what a MOD is supposed to do? Stop playing silly games. Or are you in the same club as the ******* here? Make a bit of money here do you? By peddling misinformation by this bunch? Hardly objective is it?

Have you removed the abuse yet?

MOD 2

last warning behave

Softus said:
Water Systems said:
Make sure, you undrestand tebhmakers bumph.
As ChrisR says - drivel and pollution. :D

Softus, very apt indeed, how would you connect the shower again? Gives us a laugh again. Go on, it's new year.

Thanks for all the replies.

From what you have all been writing, as I can't get the cold supply in without lifting flooring, T&G Floorboards etc it seems the easiest practical solution is to take the pump back and get one of these

https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/0-298

and run the hot supply though it and connect the output to one of these
https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/750-230

Mains cold supply will connect direct to the pressure eq. valve. And then connect the hot and cold out of the valve to the mixer tap.

I think I am getting there.....

Anyone know of any reasons why this would not work?

Right...

The twin pump has gone back and I've ordered a single pump and the Pressure eq valve.

They should arrive during the week and will be fitted next weekend, assuming Baby doesn't put in an appearance in the meantime!

I'll let you know if it works....

Fingers crossed. :confused:

Talking of *******.......(another Americanism :rolleyes: ) ..I`ve not said a thing on this topic :confused: :LOL: :LOL: Congrats on the baby, Monster ;) Hope all goes well for you and his/her mother

All plumbed in and all working nicely!

Thanks for all the help. (Shame about the bickering!)

Right...now to fit the bog!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back