Can someone identify this technique / style?

Sponsored Links
I couldn't tell you what that is.It looks as if it is one of those early blown vinyl papers that has been emulsioned over and over again.I don't have a clue but somebody else will.It's certainly got character alright,but I prefer the top half of the wall.(I think) :LOL:

Roughcaster.

it's definitely a skim of some kind. 1st is a thick render, 2nd is skim 3rd is the bumpy skim approx 2mm thin at the flat points.

If I had to guess; it is lumps of semi-set skim, mixed in and trowled on with fresh skim. I'd love to know for sure though?

(the top half of the wall is lovely isn't it? It took me ages to get that effect!)

It look proper scabby to me.

Maybe the technique was developed in East London, and is called Hackney-look plaster.

Sponsored Links
Cheers JohnD,
That does it now - it's going!
It IS scabby - I knew all along it looked pap.
"Character" she says....
Why do I even listen? :eek:

Nice smooth walls - here I come ;)

You have certainly done the right thing.When you said it looked like lumps of semi set skim,I would agree,CURDLED.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back