Can,t find 2x6 brass screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for 2inch x 6guage brass screws but can,t find anywhere.(not in Screwfix catalogue) Can anyone help? Also are brass screws available with posi heads,as I can,t find these either. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Try popping into your nearest electrical wholesalers, they should have them in stick. Somewhere like City electrical, Wholesale fittings, Edmundson (sp?). Alternatively try B&Q

are you taking machine or wood screws !!!!!

brass is not as strong as steel so you need larger gauge to support longer screws

why do specificly need 6x2" brass!!!!

Brass screws generally aren't available in PZD because they spelch-out too easily with power screwdrivers. To get a "brass" screw with a PZD all you will find is probably electro-brassed steel, and then only in a limited range of sizes. #6 x 2in are certainly available in steel (with PZD recesses) - the ones on my shelf are labelled "HFC" (or Huntingdon Fasteners) - but I can't recall seeing brass ones that length, presumably because they would be very prone to shearing. #6 x 1-1/4in seems to be as long as they go in solid brass.

Scrit

Sponsored Links
6 x 2" brass countersunk screws are available.
Only place i know of is c&w berry in leyland , lancs (www.cwberry.com)
£7.55 per box of 200 plus vat

Thanks everyone for your help,have now found these screws but in slotted heads. I have installed hardwood decking and 6 guage sits perfectly in the grooves. Originally used posi passivated steel screws but however carefull the plating is damaged by the power screwdriver bit on fixing thus exposing the bare steel. After only ten days these screws have stained the hardwood which looked dreadful. Stainless steel screws would have been ideal but stand out like a sore thumb agaist hardwood.

in my humble opinion they will start to "ping" with the strains you are asking them to take :cry:

you realy need 10s or even 12s if you choose brass they realy arnt the best screw for the job

you will also need to countersink or use a normal screw first to "open" the hole

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back