candy 450 washing machine filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a candy 450 which would not spin well, following advice on the forums I have manually drained the machine and it now spins.

My next problem however is that I would like to check the filter as I think that is the issue but cannot seem to remove it.

It turns anticlockwise but does not fully unscrew or pull out, am I being a fool or is there some trick to removing the filter as every machine I have used before just completely unscrews or turns half turn then pulls out!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sponsored Links
Probably jammed with hair-clips, coins, & other interesting stuff. Posting the full model number on the door sticker helps eliminate guesswork. But generally speaking if your model doesn't have a base-plate lean it backwards (against a wall, stool or similar) & remove the pump to extract the goodies causing the problem. It saves busting your filter & housing.

Thank you for the advice on removing the filter.
I manually drained it again and tipped the machine as stated.
After easily taking the fittings off (surprized at how easy this was) ,cleaning the filter with pliers and water from the sink was so much easier than trying to do it on the floor.

There was two straws, a bamboo stick, a sticker, button, earwig?? and copious fluff and cotton.

Thanks to my housemates for all of that :unsure:

Hopefully it will now spin and drain properly.
Thank you so much for your help it has saved so much stress today.

If several people are using the same machine then cleaning the filter every month or so isn't a bad idea.
You may get rich collecting all the small change that invariably ends up in there :D

Sponsored Links
Yeah normally I would as I have not long bought this machine second hand and already reattached a contact on the pcb that dropped off during transport forgot that it probably hadn't been cleaned out before we bought it.

Then when I went to clean didn't know if it was a strange one.

Clearly it was just jammed with crud as the last wash through today has come out almost dry and has worked perfectly.

Again many thanks and I shall be back when something else fails on me :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back