Candy CDI1012 dishwasher not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Loaded my dishwasher as normal yesterday, selected normal program, shut the door and nothing!
i have lights but does not fill or empty and no sound is coming from the machine.
had a repairman out today to give me an estimate and said the 'board' was knackered, im guessing he means the pcb.
he quoted me a huge amount for the parts and labour.
i was hoping to get the part and fit it myself. i really love this machine and want it repaired but there is no way i can afford to pay someone.
has anybody got any tips, suggestions and does it sound like the pcb?
many thanks

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem, not even the lights are working. Did you manage to get yours repaired, was it the pcb and was it expensive :?:

yes it was the pcb. i paid £20 for the estimate but got that refunded if i had it repaired.
ended up paying £100 total. the pcb is pretty east to replace. was gonna do it myself but was told that the part was not returnable so if it wasnt that i would have been out of pocket an still no dishwasher.
my advice is to get an estimate and find out if it is definately the pcb
good luck

Thanks for replying so promptly. Really appreciate it. Where did you purchase the pcb from? I've seen them on the espares website for £11 but not sure whether they'll fit my model or not. Mine is the same as yours. :confused:

Sponsored Links
yes it was the pcb. i paid £20 for the estimate but got that refunded if i had it repaired.
ended up paying £100 total. the pcb is pretty east to replace. was gonna do it myself but was told that the part was not returnable so if it wasnt that i would have been out of pocket an still no dishwasher.
my advice is to get an estimate and find out if it is definately the pcb
good luck

Suzy

Did the guy you have come out replace the board in the door of your dishwasher? I'm having the same problem, no lights and no noise, have checked all the obvious things myself......

Rob

Thanks for replying so promptly. Really appreciate it. Where did you purchase the pcb from? I've seen them on the espares website for £11 but not sure whether they'll fit my model or not. Mine is the same as yours. :confused:

Tilley

Did this part turn out to be the right one at £11?

Rob

Paid £30 for someone to come out to detect the fault....he couldn't find the problem so he took it into the workshop to check it over....an extra £30. 2 days later he called me and said he'd got it up and running and it was a wiring problem. The cost in total was £88....as i'd already paid £60, i only had to pay another £28....so all in all really pleased as i thought it might be much more. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back