Candy CM462 Washing Machine Problem - Help Needed Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Candy CM462 washing machine which has suddenly developed a fault. It's 3 years old &, wouldn't you know it, the warranty ran out in December :( It takes in the water ok & empties the water ok but it's not washing or spinning i.e. the drum is not turning. The pump runs regardless of what programme I put it on but the lights on the front panel start flashing. The pump even starts when the door is open! Because it's not spinning the clothes come out sopping wet.

The pump runs ok, the small hole in the door seal is clear/clean, the filter is clear/clean, the hose is clear & positioned correctly. the drainpipe & drain are both clear. I took the top off & can see that the belt is ok. There's no funny smells or strange noises. I've checked all those things (not touched anything though as I'm not technically minded) & just don't know what else to look/check for.

I'm a female on my own with 3 children who, although I work full time, can't afford the call-out fees for an engineer - especially if it means I'm likely to find that it can't be fixed or would be very expensive to fix.

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could help with any suggestions as to what might be wrong & whether it's likely to be expensive please.

Thank you so much in advance.

Sponsored Links
It is possibly just the motor brushes or door switch, but I would have thought that to be unusual for the brushes to fail on a 3 year old machine, which leaves you with a duff motor or control board which would in all probability be an expensive repair. When you say the pump runs with the door open do you mean it runs continually? Also when the panel lights flash, do you mean they flash normally or are they in a sequence that they did not flash in prior to the fault appearing?

Hi,

Thank you so much for your message.

Yes the pump runs continually regardless of what programme the dial is set to & whether the door is open or closed.

I've watched the sequence on the lights & they flash 4 times, then a short delay before flashing 4 times again & so on until the machine is turned off again. They didn't flash like that prior to the fault appearing - only the door safety/lock light & the timer light would come on.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you again,
Caz

Sponsored Links
I'll read up on the links you gave me jj. Thank you SO much for trying to help. It's SO good of you and I REALLY DO appreciate it. Looks like I may have to have to call out an engineer after all though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoover (Nextra series) washing machines

The 'Start' & 'Pause' LED's will flash together to indicate the error code. You have to count the flashes within each 15 second period to get that error code. The start and the pause LED's will flash together at 1Hz (i.e 1 flash per second) within that 15 second time frame, then will continue and show again within another 15secs and so on.

1 Flash = Interlock fault
2 Flashes = Fill time-out
3 flashes = Drain time-out
4 flashes = Overfill fault presure pipe blocked
5 flashes = NTC error
6 flashes = faulty control board
7 flashes = Motor jammed
8 flashes = Tacho fault
9 flashes = Motor triac on module board
10 flashes = Prog Selector or wiring fault

Brilliant. Thank you rocks1. I've been searching for the error codes and only managed to find codes 1-3, which obviously wasn't any good to me as I've checked and it's definately 4 flashes within 15 seconds. From the list you so kindly posted that would mean "4 flashes = Overfill fault pressure pipe blocked".

Is this something I could fix myself and if so, excuse my ignorance, but where would I find the pressure pipe please?

Thank you SO much again. I'm so very grateful for your help.

Caz

That makes sense the pump must be running in order to remove the overfill, the pressure pipe is a small bore pipe that runs between the pressure switch & the pump area, the pressure switch, I think, is a round flat device with several wires & the tube connected to it which will be mounted somewhere above the drum. If you remove the lid it should be fairly obvious, as I think there will be only 1 small bore pipe. With the power disconnected from the machine, carefully remove the pipe from the switch & blow down it to clear the blockage then refit & test. http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/Wash...s.htm?osCsid=9526a26b601be5e9473af76a8028955d

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back