Candy washer dryer DQW150

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem that's just developed with this machine. It's about 4 years old but has hardly been used. It will fill up with water and drain okay, but at no time will the drum rotate. I've tried all the programs but still no drum agitation when washing and no spin. I've taken the back off to check the belt was fitted and have discovered that the motor is not turning. The drum rotates freely by hand. The motor brushes have about 4cm protruding from the brush holder and are making good contact with the commutator. Don't really want to crush the machine...can anyone suggest anything please!

Sponsored Links
Should be a small circuit board visible lower left when back panel removed.Check this for dry joints under black relays, and edge connectors for poor contact.

Sponsored Links
I've removed and checked the circuit board. The joints under the black relays looked okay but i've heated them all up with a soldering iron anyway just to be sure. I've also tightened the edge connectors. Alas, the drum still will NOT rotate. My girlfriend has now told me that she hasn't been using the drying function for the last month as it trips out the RCD when the heating elements switch off towards the end of the drying cycle! :( Should I replace the control unit (about £48 I think) or just give up on this machine??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back