Cant get hotwater or heating from icos he12 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have just joined this site as i cant get heating or hotwater! i bought a (working) second hand PCB board from ebay and it still doesnt work! So bought a new one and still nothing! i've cleaned out the trap! and its still flashing L-8, you can hear the water but its like it wants to fire up but just cant.

I bought this house a while ago refurbed it put the heating on to test and it worked got all the rads hot. but the next time i turned it on just flashing L-8!!

I'm not far from ripping the boiler off the wall so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks sam

Sponsored Links
Look at manual.
If L-8 isn't something you can address by pressing buttons or opening a valve then you'll have to get a boiler mender out.

You've strictly speaking already gone too far doing what you've tried because you can't test it afterwards, as required under gas regs.
If you will get a board from ebay - who knows? Maybe it was faulty and broke something else in turn? :evil: Perhaps you'll resell it on ebay and it'll go round again!!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back