Capping over facia / Conservatory Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to cap over my Facia with upvc. However, the small conservatory we have is abutted to the side of the house and covers over the Original facia. My plan is to ease up the Lead Flashing used to cover conservatory frame and slip over capping ( which I believe is 9mm thick ) and slide capping back about 6 inches under the lead. Obviously I would have to taper the capping to suit the slope of the conservatory roof. Hoping I can get some advise concerning the following points.
1) will the lead be easily bent down again to cover the frame with the capping in place.

2) with the capping in place and the extra 9mm thickness, looking at the photos, would you say it would come over the profile of the frame enough. If not would I be able to slip another length of lead flashing under the original flashing ( maybe 4 or 5 " behind ) and then use this to cover the Profile.

What would be the best way to tackle this ?

Any comments would be appreciated

Attachments

• Conservatory flashing 1.jpg
    Conservatory flashing 1.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Conservatory flashing 2.jpg
    Conservatory flashing 2.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back