Carbon Monoxide

Still servicing the majaorca, or whatever its called.

And, me grandads boiler is older than that at approx 38 years and still going strong.

System has been upgraded through the years but the look on the transco mans face when he had to re-light the pilot was a picture. (New service pipes).

"Wheres the boiler then?" were his first words. "Behind the fire" was me nan's. "oh, not seen one of these, ill 'ave a word wiv me boss' dunno what to do".

Dave

Sponsored Links
Strachan said:
I agree totally that these machines are potential life savers. But i also agree that if serviced correctly, and you are confident in your own ability, that they are a back up. If the government was so bothered about it they should give them out free as they do smoke alarms. By the way i`ve got the fire brigade coming next week to fit some freebies on my house. Take note vaillant representatives, i like free stuff!

had them at mine last week, cos i had 4 smoke alarms, they replaced the four, my sister( lives, single, 2 bratts, 7 and 10 yr old (proven arsonist)
only has one smoke alarm, she got one,they will not dish out CO alarms, their mission is costing millions, so the told me.

One of or problems now is tenants faking headaches as their neighbours have got new combis, and they want one (Housing Assoc). They get a fright when we send them off to hospital, and often admit it was just a ploy..we still send them...can't afford not to..just in case. Crazy old world.

Dont ya just love it when things backfire on liars?

I had one recently who lied and said they had a gas leak to get someone out to their house hoping whoever turned up would check why their boiler wasnt working.
The engineer promptly capped the whole lot off on the grounds of what was told to the NGN [formerly transco] receptionist.
So now they had no gas anywhere as well as no heating LOL.

Fortunately for them they told me what they had done and I rewarded their honesty by re-instating their supply after a tightness test and flicking a switch back on that a joiner had knocked off earlier in the day. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Alfredo";p="481836 said:
ollski says

So we are now sending anyone who even sneezes for a CO test..Its a waste of time and NHS resources, but thats what they have told us we have to do.

Isn't it better to be safe than sorry????
If the transco man hadn't sent my family to hospital because of the headaches then we might all be dead pal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back