cars

Had a Volvo V70 T5 until a couple of months ago. Absolutely loved it. The spec, I called it the everything you can imagine spec. I had it remapped from 240bhp to 310bhp! Awesome car but didn't look fast so took a lot of people by surprise. The downside was fuel consumption, insurance and road tax - I averaged 18mpg!!! Insurance was £530. Tax £195.

Bought a 53 plate Mondeo LX (the basic spec :cry: ) TDCi 130 in Octber. Although basic it's got aircon (no climate though which I miss), cruise, leccy windows and trip computer. Great car to drive and in the real world of stop start driving not much difference in terms of speed to the Volvo although the Volvo was great with an open stretch of road - get her into third, plant your foot and grin!

The upside of the Mondeo? 50 mpg! Insurance £210 and tax £130! Quite a saving.

Wife's got an 05 plate Smart FourTwo. Tiny on the outside, only two seats on the inside (but plenty of space surprisingy) and 75mpg from the tiny 0.7 litre engine!

Regards

Fred

Sponsored Links
anobium said:
Currently driving a 2005 1.4 16v skoda fabia estate.
Looking to change it for a skoda roomster scout but they have only offered me £7400 for fabia and its only done 6000 miles.
The fabia has air con, cruise control, heated front seats, parking sensors etc etc. Brilliant car. Just fancy a change
Greedy bar stewards

Sell it privately, beat the greedy t*ats. Or let on you know their game. Tell them it's in perfect nick, an attractive motor. If they want your business, to give you a more than fair price (as you know they'll just wash it & stick it on the forecourt with an inflated price tag) then you can drive away in one of their motors. If they don't play ball, go elsewhere.

The other thing to do is wait until the end of the month (when they want to boost their sales to hit targets) and lean on them heavily.

securespark said:
anobium said:
Currently driving a 2005 1.4 16v skoda fabia estate.
Looking to change it for a skoda roomster scout but they have only offered me £7400 for fabia and its only done 6000 miles.
The fabia has air con, cruise control, heated front seats, parking sensors etc etc. Brilliant car. Just fancy a change
Greedy bar stewards

Sell it privately, beat the greedy t*ats. Or let on you know their game. Tell them it's in perfect nick, an attractive motor. If they want your business, to give you a more than fair price (as you know they'll just wash it & stick it on the forecourt with an inflated price tag) then you can drive away in one of their motors. If they don't play ball, go elsewhere.

The other thing to do is wait until the end of the month (when they want to boost their sales to hit targets) and lean on them heavily.

dealerships have to be the worst place to buy a car but some fools have got to buy the new cars so i get them at a great prices 10 years later :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I currently have a Mercedes C-class copué.

2.2l turbo diesel, metallic silver, loads of gadgets, and fitted with the AMG sports pack (improved suspension & 19" five spoke alloys)

Insurance costs an f-ing fortune :)

securespark said:
Also have a Xantia 1.8i Hatch. T 99, around 50K. But we're selling it.

Anyone want it??

Nine?
Can't drive again just yet, but getting close now!

If you've still got it it September, though....... :)

I'm rattling around in a '99 Kangoo wheelchair carrier at present.... or at least I would be if some ******rd hadn't vandalised the thing!

It's been at the menders for the best part of a month now, much to the disgust of the wheelchair user, who is stuck at hone without any transport! I didn't realise Renault parts could be so difficult to get. :rolleyes:

The insurance company did volunteer an 'A' band loan car, which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot to a wheelchair user :mad:

RF Lighting said:
I currently have a Mercedes C-class copué.

2.2l turbo diesel, metallic silver, loads of gadgets, and fitted with the AMG sports pack (improved suspension & 19" five spoke alloys)
Git.

ninebob said:
securespark said:
Also have a Xantia 1.8i Hatch. T 99, around 50K. But we're selling it.

Anyone want it??

Nine?
Can't drive again just yet, but getting close now!

If you've still got it it September, though....... :)

Can't guarantee it. But will the car suffice? And what will it be worth in 3/12 time?

Ah bu,t there was a Metro variant which could cane any motor mentioned here - thus far. :!:

empip said:
Ah bu,t there was a Metro variant which could cane any motor mentioned here - thus far. :!:

6r4 by any chance? we look after a rally version, its mental. have to test drive it (on traders plates) occasionally :D

empip said:

6r4 by any chance? we look after a rally version, its mental. have to test drive it (on traders plates) occasionally :D

Metro6R4.jpg

davieboy said:
empip said:

A 'potted' run down - for the youth.!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-OkG1l_ks

Things do go horribly wrong... Didn't look that quick just before the accident, flatters to decieve, note the enormous amount of energy dissappated during the aftermath... Never stand on the outside of a competitive turning circle, Issac's collecting area !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crOnPYJcI_w
:D

Sponsored Links
Back