cavity at bifold prep before tiling over void.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
tiler cam and levelled floor but where the cavity closer is the leveller has cracked as the cavity closer offers no support. what the best thing to do under the cavity closer to prep before tilling?

Attachments

• 1482059539359768307399.jpg
    1482059539359768307399.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 271
Sponsored Links
You wouldn't normally put a cavity closer in the bottom cavity of a doorway, you would fill the cavity. we do it in one of two ways depending on the order of construction.
If the doorway was defined before the slab was poured we would cut out the inner skin and run the DPM into the doorway before pouring the concrete.
If the doorway wasn't defined before pouring the slab we would line the cavity with DPM and then fill the cavity. If it was a new opening cut in an existing wall then the latter.

I put in a vertical layer of dpm and filled with self mixed concrete

Attachments

• 20161218_124652.jpg
    20161218_124652.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 194
Sponsored Links
i think thats my photography tbh.. its nowhere near as high as it looks. 150mm below dpc? i think thats regs. I will however measure it now you have put the fear of god into me ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back