Cedral or composite cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after some opinions please. I'd like to clad over the ugly rough render on our house (it's been patched in many areas where building alterations have taken place and it just looks so ugly). Now, I realise many people will hate the idea of cladding anyway but if I'm to go down this route, what are the pros and cons of cedral vs composite? I've heard that cedral looks great for a while but needs repainting after a good few years as the thin layer of paint can start to weather. So that instantly (to me) makes composite look a better option. But I'm no expert hence I'd like the opinion of the experts on here please

Sponsored Links
I'm after some opinions please. I'd like to clad over the ugly rough render on our house (it's been patched in many areas where building alterations have taken place and it just looks so ugly). Now, I realise many people will hate the idea of cladding anyway but if I'm to go down this route, what are the pros and cons of cedral vs composite? I've heard that cedral looks great for a while but needs repainting after a good few years as the thin layer of paint can start to weather. So that instantly (to me) makes composite look a better option. But I'm no expert hence I'd like the opinion of the experts on here please
As per Woody regards colour-fastness. Those elevations exposed to the sun will fade and those in shade will get dirty with growth etc.

Don’t look any further than James Hardi cladding. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.
if you can use a hammer and or a drill it’s a straight forward job.

Sponsored Links
Thanks folks. So if I read this correctly, both are prone to fading but only cedral can be easily repainted. Right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back