Celebrity chef poll.

How should the celebrity chef incident be handled?

• It's up to Twitter to moderate its site and ban the poster.

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • The police should launch a major investigation.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's been a thread going on in here about a celebrity chef (cook) who received a racist tweet on twitter and called the police.
In my opinion it was just a job for twitter to moderate their site and remove the offending tweet and the account of the tweeter.

Imamartian thinks there should be a full scale police investigation.

In my opinion the police would do better to investigate crime in the real world rather than insults on-line. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Which bit don't you understand. Surely you can understand a simple question?

As in the other post, you're unable to see the shades of grey in between.

Most of life is a continuum, not an either/or choice.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps it's just a question of wording but is this a 'Full Scale/Major Investigation' being launched Joe? All that I can find online in relation to this so far is a reference to the Met saying, 'The Metropolitan Police said last night that they were investigating a malicious communication.' Obviously the police are required to investigate when a crime may have been committed. We hear the police say they will be launching a Full Scale/Major investigation when a murder is committed, where someone is abducted, in the case of rape, indeed where any serious crime is committed, but whether 'this' is a Full Scale/Major investigation I'm not so sure.

They should tell her to contact twitter - and do nothing more. If you get your house burgled or car vandalised you get a crime number - no investigation whatsoever. Why should an insult get any more than that?

As in the other post, you're unable to see the shades of grey in between.

Most of life is a continuum, not an either/or choice.

If you don't understand the question then why bother replying at all?

Imamartian thinks there should be a full scale police investigation.

I said no such thing.

I disagree with you inasmuch as you said she should leave her job if she can't put up with being racially abused. I think she should be able to go to the police if she wishes...

Go and do a more accurate poll Joe :rolleyes:

If you don't like the thread - you know where the door is. :rolleyes:

The questions are quite clear. If you can't understand them ask your mum to explain. :mrgreen:

It seems your understanding of my point is a bit like your ego, misplaced!

I said that there is not a reasonable response available for me to participate in your poll, therefore it's pathetic.

You, on the other hand, suggested I should not participate at all in the discussion if I could not respond to your poll.
I read that as "agree with me or don't participate"

Either it's a job for twitter or a job for the police. Why can't you say which? Do you need a third option that says "I'd rather dither?" :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back