Celebrity chef poll.

How should the celebrity chef incident be handled?

• It's up to Twitter to moderate its site and ban the poster.

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • The police should launch a major investigation.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
Sadly, fmt, you may be right. But just as with MM's posts which were so silly and pathetic, it's difficult not to ridicule them, especially when posted by the biggest ego on GD.

I also felt that my comments about DIYnot being perceived to tolerate unacceptable comments needed to be made.

The problem with Joe is he'll sidestep the question, or argue the t0ss over the semantics of his original sentence, or turn it around and accuse everyone else over some nonsense just to take the heat off him.

But Joe and sense, courage and grace? no !

Exactly like MM.
Wierd though, that one day Joe has no knowledge of MM. The next day he's aware of who he is and has an understanding of his mental health.

Despite Joe's suggestion that I think mental health or ill-health is a laughable matter, I'd like to state categorically that I do not find it in the least bit funny and I've never alluded to that.

Just as others find yours offensive. Funny how you can't see it yourself eh?

You are making the point that mental health issues are for laughing at.

Sponsored Links
You are making the point that mental health issues are for laughing at. How pathetic is that?

PS I bet you've gone crying to the mods.

I certainly did find your comments offensive. But I guess that's what's to be expected of someone who runs out of reason and resorts to cheap personal insults.

You resemble MM more and more with each post.

Now, just which part of the following do you not understand?
Despite Joe's suggestion that I think mental health or ill-health is a laughable matter, I'd like to state categorically that I do not find it in the least bit funny and I've never alluded to that.

Although any health issues, incidents or situations can create some amusing, even hilarious moments, the condition per se is no laughing matter.

I'd be interested to hear of any substantive evidence that led you to your deduction.

You continue to lampoon someone with clear mental health issues which is shameful. What's more, he isn't even in the forum to defend himself. That's cowardice. Just shut up and go away.

So you know MM has mental health issues as well now?
Is this more information that only you have access to?

Anyway, got to go now.

So you know MM has mental health issues as well now?
Is this more information that only you have access to?

Anyway, got to go now.

As well as you? You clearly think he has hence your lampooning him.

Make your disappearance a long one. :mrgreen:

There's been a thread going on in here about a celebrity chef (cook) who received a racist tweet on twitter and called the police.
In my opinion it was just a job for twitter to moderate their site and remove the offending tweet and the account of the tweeter.

Imamartian thinks there should be a full scale police investigation.

In my opinion the police would do better to investigate crime in the real world rather than insults on-line. What do you think?
Just for once Joe, I think that you are, in essence, correct - but there is a but here. Racial abuse cannot be tollerated and I'm not saying that you are racist. I have worked in Brixton etc and have been called a few names ( maybe in jest ) but no way would I run to the racial equality board, or whatever. Two reasons - first, I just let it go over my head, secondly, what good what it have done me? No right I know. I don't agree with your 'if you don't like it, get out of the kitchen' but if this lady chef had some balls, she would laugh it off and think how stupid, inane the twitter prat was.

There's been a thread going on in here about a celebrity chef (cook) who received a racist tweet on twitter and called the police.
In my opinion it was just a job for twitter to moderate their site and remove the offending tweet and the account of the tweeter.

Imamartian thinks there should be a full scale police investigation.

In my opinion the police would do better to investigate crime in the real world rather than insults on-line. What do you think?
Just for once Joe, I think that you are, in essence, correct - but there is a but here. Racial abuse cannot be tollerated and I'm not saying that you are racist. I have worked in Brixton etc and have been called a few names ( maybe in jest ) but no way would I run to the racial equality board, or whatever. Two reasons - first, I just let it go over my head, secondly, what good what it have done me? No right I know. I don't agree with your 'if you don't like it, get out of the kitchen' but if this lady chef had some balls, she would laugh it off and think how stupid, inane the twitter prat was.

Interesting post gasman... i only "asked" if Joe was racist, but my main gripe was his comment that the black woman should get out of the public space in order to stop the abuse... that means name calling and abuse wins....

maybe being the white majority, we occasionally get a bit of stick, and maybe being a black female on tv/radio/twitter she gets a lot of abuse and this was the straw.... plus the actual comment in question was pretty vile.. !! much moreso than being call a honkey !!

Interesting post gasman... i only "asked" if Joe was racist, but my main gripe was his comment that the black woman should get out of the public space in order to stop the abuse... that means name calling and abuse wins....
I don't believe that Joe is racist, but his views are sometimes somewhat extreme(?) No-one should have to 'get out of the kitchen' ( very apt as she is a chef) to stop abuse. As previously stated, I have been called names - If I took my case to the racial board, how far could I go? There has always been the 'Black/White' intolerance. It's not right, of course not, but if a Black person can openly call me 'Honkey' or whatever, is that right? Don't get me wrong here, it wouldn't bother me at all and I'd pass it by, but it's still not right.

maybe being the white majority, we occasionally get a bit of stick, and maybe being a black female on tv/radio/twitter she gets a lot of abuse and this was the straw.... plus the actual comment in question was pretty vile.. !! much moreso than being call a honkey !!
If she has suffered loads of abuse, then her actions might be justified - but why hasn't she reported it before?

If she has suffered loads of abuse, then her actions might be justified - but why hasn't she reported it before?

maybe she has? :eek:
You might be right Immy, but if we all stood the moral high ground, what good would it do us? I'm not saying it's right to call non-white people names, but how far do we go with this? We as White people do not know how how Black people feel. Paradoxically, the elder Black population of this country are very tolerant of our society, as I believe, yet the younger generation have a huge chip on their shoulders. I say this after working in many Black communities.

i think there's a very simple historical precedent which is the commomwealth and slavery of black people.

It doesn't matter that it isnt this generation, but it's still felt. After all is there anyone here who doesn't hate Hitler? i've never met him, but it's in our culture.

Black slavery was massive a few hundred years ago... and for a century or so after this country was almost 100% white. So when black people stated settling here, it was too easy to insult the invaders by using terms relating to slavery (C00n relates to a baracoon or a cage used to house black slaves). And obviously such terms started off being very emotive and remain so..

I'm not sure any words used to slate white people actually have any relevant worth? so call me honkey all you like...

But the power of words... take four random letters from the alphabet... UFCK

UFC... ultimate fighting
KFC... (not really) ultimate cuisine
****... ultimate fashion?
F**K... ultimate fun
F**K... ultimate abusiveness

How much ground can 4 letters cover.... so maybe c 0 0 n hurts some people more than us? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back