central heating from a log burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
WTF is the radiator breather going to achieve?
The radiator breather is there as it needs to be open vented and I plan to use a cheep old domestic radiator to do the job
The flow/return to that rad are now correct (remember flow pipe should be slightly uphill to the rad, return should be slightly downhill from the rad)
Is there an exact minimum length over angle for this by any chance (lie the minimum 15% absorbshone and the maximum of 30mm of 15mm pipe)
Im think of relocating this rad and using it as a radiator for one of the rooms?

You don't need the heat loss rad in the same way you don't need lifeboats on a passenger ship.
In theory a correctly designed and maintained wet woodburner system could boil dry without risk of injury to bystanders. The process would be noisy, messy and expensive but shouldn't kill anyone.
But if they system where open vented and it boiled then would the steam not just come out of the open vent anyway

The heatloss rad is there to prevent the system from boiling in the first place because boiling (steam creation) is what causes the major hazard. As above, steam in a properly designed and maintained system should not be a disaster. BUT if the system has not been correctly designed/installed or a key component has become blocked, a steam explosion will make a right mess of your house and probably half the street
But if the rad will only take 15% of the heat then there is still good chance that the system could boil anyway.

If boiling is an issue even though the header tank is vented anyway then could we just install a ball vale tap onto the radiator as an emergency tap?

Which leads me to my next question the header tank?
So we now know not to use a plastic tank so what can I use as a metal one. Dose it need to be non corrosive in the form of say copper or like the Non combi boilers you see in the scrap yard that are there because they rusted away. Can we get away with chromed steel or not?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have an idea when it might happen?

Im guessing in your lifetime?
Well Watching Alex Jones Info Wars, read out some kind of cover gov document thing by 2026. Has to be before agenda 2030 of cource

I do hope that David icke and Alex Jones aren't your only sources.

I know you will say that the NWO have silenced them but I've been following these theories since they first appeared and nothing I've seen gives them credence.

They rely on book sales and appearance fees, with info wars also relying on merch sales.

So we now know not to use a plastic tank so what can I use as a metal one. Dose it need to be non corrosive in the form of say copper or like the Non combi boilers you see in the scrap yard that are there because they rusted away. Can we get away with chromed steel or not?
Even I know the answer to that and I know next to nothing about heating systems. You know about 1% of what I know and you're tinkering with this setup?

BTW, what was the outcome of this thread of yours?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OP, you clearly need more instruction than you should try to get from a web forum, for your own safety. Thread closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back