Central Heating not refiring on Vokera boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I put on CH+HW the boiler fires up, reaches its temperature and cuts out and then only sometimes fires up again when the temp falls.

It will fire up again and stay lit for a while if I turn a hot tap on, but again it fails to relight when the temp has fallen back. I'm up and down at the moment turning a hot tap on to get it to refire.

Any idea on what the fault is likeliest to be?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It would be helpfull to know the model of the boiler to avoid wild guesses !!!

thermistor would be a good guess, but only a guess. the lineas are quite good at realising the thermistors are way out of calibration.

Sponsored Links
simply because its a guess i would recommend you get someone to have a look. some faults become very obvious when you are standing in front of the boiler in question.

The symtoms described fit a faulty 3port mid position valve. That is if you have one in your system.
:rolleyes:

A reply on another thread talking about a similar fault suggests a faulty diverter. Could this be the case here?

A reply on another thread talking about a similar fault suggests a faulty diverter. Could this be the case here?

No !

He gets CH + HW by running the Ch and then turning on a hot tap!

Of course thats not really both at the same time, just one followed by another!

On most boilers that problem is a faulty PCB . I suspect its a faulty anti cycle timing circuit but as yet have not had time to investigate that.

Tony

Agile, yes, thanks, that is what I meant.

Re possible PCB fault, wouldn't the fault be total rather than intermittent if the board was at fault?

I suppose the board would be expensive to replace. Are there commoner, less expensive faults that I can rule in or out first? Thanks.

Finally, Servo serviced it last time and replaced the diverter valve since the rads were heating up on HW when a tap such a the shower was being used. The charge for the service and valve was rather high for what seemed a very quick job. Any recommendations as to who might do a good job in NW London for a bit less?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back