Central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a combi boiler it is only a year old. I can get hot water but cant get my radiators to work. What could this be i assume it cant be a serious problem with boiler if i am still getting hot water

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
With an Ideal Isar HE24 all problems will be serious :eek:

Are you getting the 'C' symbol coming up on the display when rads should be on?

If not you need to check that you are getting 230V on the switched live on the terminal block under the boiler. Pull the black connector out an take the top off to test with a multimeter. Could be an external fault.

Do this only if you are comfortable working with 230V mains :eek:

Does the boiler fire up but rads not get hot, or just shows 'C' and nothing happens?

Stuck diverter valve, happens when the system isnt cleaned properly

not a big job to change and if its only a year old it should be a warrantee call

Be gratful you probably have the Honeywell diverter block. We had to change the whole manifold 'cos Ideal would not supply just the internal part of the CP valve.

Does it sound like it needs a part changing or is there something i can try to fix it.

gas4you said:
Does the boiler fire up but rads not get hot, or just shows 'C' and nothing happens?

Well according to how you answer this I wuld go for the DV or the PCB. Both are notoriously unreliable on these.

Get someone in I would say, neither of these is a job a diy'er should do

is there anyway to check them to see if it is them. Then get somebody in if neccesary ?
Could it still be them if i have hot water?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back